Release Road Map:-
Dates are approximate
02 January 2017 - Alpha Testing 1 Completed Successfully
12 January 2017 - Alpha Testing 2 Completed Successfully
27 January 2017 - Beta Testing 1 Completed Successfully
10 February 2017 - Beta Testing 2 Completed Successfully
01 March 2017 - Beta Testing 3 Completed Successfully
30 March 2017 - Candidate Release Completed Successfully
2 April 2017 - Formal Testing in School 1 - Completed Successfully
1 January 2018 - Formal Use in Testing Schools 2 -Completed Successfully
1 May 2018 - 31 July 2019 - Formal Testing in Schools 3 - Completed Successfully
1 September 2019:- 31 August 2021 - Final Formal Testing Phase 4 - Completed Successfully
September 2021, Global Stable Release to- Schools
BETT Show January 2022 celebrating its 5th birthday of development.
If you find any bugs use the contact us link at the bottom of every page to let us know. Let's make this site bug free!
💡 Upcoming Features:-
- More Courses to come
- Messaging system v2
- Work Submission system v2
- Custom flashcards creation
- Have text read out aloud
- Improved usability and user-friendliness
🐛 Known Bugs:-
- None Reported
13 Oct 2021
- ⚙️ Notes: V3.0 released. Now students are able to organise notes by putting them into folders and creating folders.
13 Aug 2021
- 🐛 Bug fixed: Fixed bug where website occasionally loaded within itself.
8 Aug 2021
- ⚙️ NEW Essay and Task questions now let students set tables widths, colours and properties, add horizontal rules, use special paste commands, draw images and mix their own text and background colours.
- ⚙️ NEW Progress indications as to what is needed to pass each section giving students clear step by step guidance.
- 📚 For the teachers, we enhancement the tick as you teach lesson plans with example images.
- 📚 Typo fixes in various courses.
- 📚 Additional answers added to tests encompassing common student mistakes, students are informed that they spelt an answer incorrectly, told how to spell it but given the marks.
12 July 2021
- ⚙️ Message Board: Messages can now be formatted (eg bold, italic, underline, etc).
- 📚 Course pages loading times improved.
8 July 2021
- 🖌️ WB Graphics Photo Editor: Updated to 4.9.0.
21 June 2021
- 🖌️ WB Graphics Photo Editor: Updated to 4.8.0. New shapes and options to import sample images.
15 June 2021
- 🌐 DC360 Web App: Web App implemented. Users can now install DC360 onto their device by clicking on the Install button on the top right of the home page.
23 May 2021
- 👁️ Dashboard: Changed Dashboard layout to tabs.
3 May 2021
- 🎞️ First integration of Animation Editor: Version 1.19.3.
28 April 2021
- ⚙️ Notes: Improved user interface, creating/editing notes now shown in a popup.
11 April 2021
- 🖌️ Graphics Photo Editor: Updated to 4.7.0.
24 February 2021
- 🖌️ Graphics Photo Editor: Updated to 4.6.1, now able to export as .TIFF files.
13 February 2021
- ⚙️ Website: Improved login form loading time.
- 🔒 Security: Improved website security.
11 February 2021
- 📚 Coursework: Work Submission topics updated.
7 February 2021
- 🙂 Profile: All teachers are now referred to as "Ms" or "Mr". This can be changed when you edit your own profile.
- ⚙️ Feature: "Message Teacher" list in sidebar enabled for teachers as well for easier communication.
- 🐛 Bug fixed: Some broken links fixed.
6 February 2021
- 🙂 Profile: Moved the "Preferred name" field to a new tab on profile edit.
- 🙂 Profile: "Preferred name" is now displayed as the user's name throughout the site. The formal name will only be used in naming work submission files as it's the legal name.
- ⚙️ Feature: Added links to student list for respective class when clicking on the class in the Classes popup (top right).
- 🐛 Bug fixed: School icon now displayed on user profile automatically.
- 🐛 Bug fixed: Students List in the sidebar now correctly showing students who are in multiple classes.
7 November 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: Message board updated with enhancements to usability.
- 🐛 Bug fixed: Minor bug fixes.
6 November 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: Added ability to view student's notes and course grades from the student list.
19 October 2020
- 🙂 Profile: Added "Preferred First Name" and "Preferred Last Name" to the student profile.
- 🐛 Bug fixed: Minor bug fixes.
27 September 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: Sidebar Quick Notes upgraded, now supports basic text editing such as Bold, Italic, Underline and Text Color.
- 📚 Binary KS3
21 April 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: "Logged In Users" module now allows filter by class.
16 March 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: Added sorting functionality to the "Search & Mark work" table.
- ⚙️ Feature: "Search By Class" table improved.
27 January 2020
- ⚙️ Feature: Added Instant Blur Privacy mode
- ⚙️ Feature: Sidebar automatically hides on every page except the dashboard. The Green slip can bring it out.
10 January 2020
- 📚 Added new course for ICT - Databases
- ⚙️Testing Software Update
- 📚 Updated HTML unit for Computer Science
- 📚 New Database Task Launched on the dashboard
- ⚙️ Added languages, now all lessons can be done in 7 different languages.
20 December 2019
- New note system version 2 added.
- Updated "The Computer" Computer Science Unit
- Flashcards version 1 becomes FREE for everyone.
- Added RAG indicator to the review page.
31 November 2019
- New Calculator
- More words have been added to the dictionary
- Flashcards version 2 launched
- Added file download to view work on the Review page.
25 November 2019
- Created Review Feedback for Self, Peer and Teacher comments
- Added ability to RAG work.
30 October 2019
- Secured I-media tests so the tutor can decide when students take them.
08 October 2019
- Added Parot and Rat to the Favourite Animals List
- Added a new Avatar called Parrot
- Made the top bar static so the name always shows
- Added student notification to re-submit work
- Added email notification informing students to re-submit work.
07 October 2019
- Added the group to the main bar
- Added the group colour to the main bar
- Added some tasks for Years 7, 8 and 9
- Added some mark schemes for the Year 7, 8 and 9 Tasks.
- Testing software update
5 October 2019
- Created a set of four group colours for teamwork tasks
- Improves the Python Unit
- Update the Computer Systems Exam
- Improved the Binary tutorial
24 September 2019
- Fixed multi-choice question on Binary Test - All marks regraded
- Added clarification to DPI section of I-media RO82 LO1 section.
- Added additional information to the new I-media checklist for clarification
- Firmware update
23 September 2019
- Added buttons to the i-media graphics checklist to go to the graphics lesson
- Added buttons to the i-media graphics lesson to go to the graphics checklist
- Live Report updated to include new RAG option
- Teacher ability to view individual student grades with one click added
21 September 2019
- Added links from the i-media graphics lesson to the new checklist
- Created LO4 of Graphics I-media lesson and checklist
- Added OCR approved document links to the checklist for Asset Table, Testing and Storyboard.
- Added latest graphics assignment to the checklist
- Added new colour field to the profile so schools can set coloured groups for group work
- Testing software update
14 September 2019
- Dashboard update - New-look interface
- Grades system moved together into the green section for ease of use
8 September 2019
- My Grades panel was updated and animated
- Progress dashboard for students introduced with percentage completed
- Quick access to the last lessons for students introduced.
20 August 2019
- Create I-media LO2 unit release
- Update Live Report to include new data printing option
- Testing Software update
- Further grading and marking updates
10 August 2019
- Dashboard improvement
- Grading and marking update
29 June 2019
- Bug Fixes to the Games in i-media exam
- Profile System Update
- ⚙️ Feature New keywords added the main Computer Science Dictionary
24 June 2019
- Update Live Report to enable the teacher to see the marks before the test is completed.
- HTML Unit Layout Bug Fix
- Improved Notes system
22 June 2019
- Update to the entire marking system
- New Accessibility buttons which resize so that those with eyesight problems can see them clearly.
- ⚙️ Feature New keywords added the main Computer Science Dictionary
- ⚙️ Feature New Dashboard showing the percentage of each unit completed and most recent units taken.
- ⚙️ Feature New ranking of students, so they can see their rank ie number 1,287 in this course, to challenge them to improve.
- ⚙️ Feature New blue loading bar so you can see the progress of your course loading.
6 June 2019
- LO1 for Digital Graphics, This is the first part of our theory units for I-media released
- Improvements to the games module
- ⚙️ Feature Additional filters added to the submission system.
- ⚙️ Feature Submission System: Recently updated work will now display a green triangle on the top left.
25 May 2019
- Live Report shows teachers the answers students give while they do an exam, there is now no need to wait until it has finished.
- Improved searching on the marking system.
- ⚙️ Feature Set marking status so you know which have been submitted to the exam board and which have been moderated.
30 April 2019
- ⚙️ Feature Teachers now have an Intervention indicator they can apply to the student that needs support. This is also viewable by support staff.
- ⚙️ Feature Update I-media Exam unit with new questions ready for the re-take.
14 April 2019
- ? Improvements to the layout of the site.
- Minor repairs to questions to improve the marking accuracy
6 March 2019
- ? Teacher: "Intervention" and "Pupil Premium" tags added.
- ? Teacher: Mark guide for i-Media added onto the submission system. Click on the next to LO1, LO2, LO3, or LO4 to view the criteria for each mark band.
- ⚙️ Feature My grades on the dashboard now show all the grades for all the subjects.
- ⚙️ Feature Students can now feedback on the comments made by the teacher.
12 February 2019
- ? Course: New Word Processing "Tuning In Task".
- ? Teacher: Two additional coloured stars were added to the submission system.
- ⚙️ Feature New mobile dash version in beta mode.
1 February 2019
- ⚙️ Feature The decision has been made to remove the chat system. Although schools were using it, we felt it was not being used effectively.
- ⚙️ Feature New Dashboard Version 3 is released to a selected number of testing schools.
- ? Teacher: The creative I-media Word Search was removed.
- ? Teacher: Computer Science Book Tests updated
28th January 2019
- ? Teacher: New Submission system, gets stars to highlight, those to focus on and those with outstanding work.
- ? Teacher: New Submission system notifications for students to say they have feedback and for teachers to say they have work to mark.
20th January 2019
- ? Teacher: New work submission system. Allows students to track the progress of their marking. Allows teachers to mark online effortlessly, store work, grades and comments.
28th December 2019
- ⚙️ Feature Creative I-media Snake and Ladders board upgrade
12th December 2018
- ⚙️ Feature 70 Question I-media mock exam added.
- ⚙️ Feature I-media Space Invaders game added.
10th December 2018
- ♿ Accessibility: The Readout allowed toolbar has been removed.
- ⚙️ Feature More I-media Tests added
- ⚙️ Feature 70 Question Flash Cards Added for Creative I-Media
- ? Teacher: Four I-media games added including, Snakes and Ladders
1st December 2019
- ? Course: New Unit:- Creative I-Media covering mock exams and a full learning tutorial for the unit 1 exam.
13 November 2018
- ♿ Accessibility: You can now highlight any text on the website and have it read aloud.
- ♿ Accessibility: You can now change font size, dyslexic font, and enable high contrast to allow easier viewing.
- ⚙️ My Grades: The percentage of each assessment is now displayed within My Grades. If it's below 55%, it will be highlighted in red.
- ⚙️ My Grades: Search/filter for My Grades optimised.
- ? Teacher: Teaching Resources on the dashboard has been tidied to display properly over different screen sizes.
24 October 2018
- ? Notes: Added Delete and Close without Saving buttons to the edit note page.
- ? Notes: Added Undo, Redo, Copy, and Clear buttons to the sidebar notes. Thank you for your suggestion!?
- ? Notes: Notes in the sidebar now truncated to 3 lines. Clicking on a note will expand it.
- ? Notes: Added ability to preview notes from the sidebar (click on the ?️ icon).
- ? Notes: Added checkboxes next to notes when viewing "My Notes" to allow deletion of multiple notes.
- ? Notes: Allow sorting of notes by date and title when viewing "My Notes".
- ? Notes: Added ability to filter and search through notes.
- ? General: Buttons will be standardised across the website to enable easier navigation.
- ? Bug fixed: Issue with occasionally missing top navigation bar solved.
21 October 2018
- ? Notes: Sidebar notes are now autosaved even if you navigate away. Remember to save and close so as not to lose it! Thank you for your suggestion!?
- ? Notes: If you have any unsaved notes, the sidebar note will open automatically with an alert.
- ⚙️ Notes: Sidebar notes changed the order to the newest note at the top.
- ? Dashboard: Icons used to replace links to make the dashboard appear less cluttered.
14 October 2018
- ? Notes: Added date to notes when saved
- ? Notes: Added a Save and Close button to Notes
- ? Course: Add 3 checklists for I-media in beta testing
- ? Course: Updated the HTML unit to teach new content
- ? Course: Updated the HTML unit with a new task
8 October 2018
- ? Bug fixed: Previewing notes through sidebar's Your Notes come up with a permission error. (Finally squashed!)
- ⚙️ Feature: Sidebar now hide-able to allow more screen space for content.
- ⚙️ Feature: Sidebar will remain on the screen if you scroll down the page. Thank you for your suggestion!?
2 October 2018
- ⚙️ Feature: Added List of logged-in users for the teacher to see.
- ⚙️ Feature: Added hash security on teachers daily codes for Teacher Tasks.
27 September 2018
- ? Visuals: Added a new icon for the progress bar.
- ? Halloween: Trick or Treat?
- ⚙️ Coursework: Improved coursework upload layout and features
25 September 2018
- ⚙️ Feature: Added a new progress bar for the student to track their work
- ⚙️ Feature: Added a new progress bar for teachers to track the classes
20 September 2018
- ? Course: Re-vamped the python lesson on creating a logging system
- ? Course: Re-vamped the python lesson on files
- ? Dictionary: Increased the dictionary entries
10 September 2018
- ? Course: Added 5 teacher tasks to Safety and Security Unit
- ? Tutorial: Started help system
20 August 2018
- ? Course: 2 part Control Systems Course Launches
- ? Navigation: Easier interface for students and teachers.
10 August 2018
- ? Course: Word Processing Unit Launches
- ? Course: New Lesson Style added - Teacher Tasks (Student does the work teacher check on the screen and enter a code if the work is correct.
1 August 2018
- ? Course: Added I-media mock exams and answers.
- ? Course: Added I-media starters
- ? Course: Added Computer Science starters
25 July 2018
- ? Feature: Begun checklist demo for one testing school ready for January release.
- ? Course: Added i-media course data.
8 July 2018
- ⚙️ Profile: Removed the ability to upload your own background and Avatar (Most students were using the new increased selection and it conforms to GDPR).
- ⚙️ Profile: Set Limit for Online Storage as some students are using it as a My Documents folder and that is not its intended use.
7 July 2018
- ? Dictionary: Increased number of words in Dictionary
- ? Dictionary: Added Interactivity to Dictionary
- ? Teacher: Added Graphical Analytics for Teachers track their students
- ? Teacher: Added Graphical Analytics for Teachers to compare their group with every site user.
30th June 2018
- ? Gradebook: Added Scaling to the grading of all units based on difficulty.
- ? Gradebook: Added Grade conversion for Year 7, 8 and 8 to ensure flightpath
- ? Course: Added Percentage of grades to student view so they can see the value of each task
26th June 2018
- ? My Grades: Changed the colour of feedback comments from teacher to green.
- ? Gradebook: Made it clear to teachers which student had passed and which had not in the grade book.
- ? Gradebook: Made it clear to the teacher which students had feedback and which had not.
23 June 2018
- ? Teacher: Added the first Worksheet as a tester for Python
- ? Teacher: Added Manual Exam marking grid for IT, Computer Science and I-Media
- ? Teacher: Added formulas to calculate the grades and figures for the manual marking grids.
16 June 2018
- ⚙️ System: Increased the upload size for TLM coursework from 10MB to 80MB.
- ? Coursework: Added notification symbols for "Awaiting Making", "Changes Needed" and "Approved".
- ? Coursework: Added comments to be made for teachers to share.
- ? My Grades: Students can now filter and search for specific course titles or tasks.
9 June 2018
- ? Bug fixed: Categories are duplicated under "Enrolled Courses" in the sidebar.
- ⚙️ Software: Updated System Software
- ⚙️ Software: Updated Testing Software
6 June 2018
- ? Teacher: i-Media resources added to the dashboard.
- ? My Grades: Course titles are now collapsible.
- ⚙️ My Grades: Assessment Titles now links to the specific assessment when clicked.
- ? Course: Completed sections are now highlighted green-ish (not supported by Internet Explorer). Failed sections highlighted red-ish
- ? Course: Navigation buttons (Course Home & Exit Course) added to the bottom of course pages for easier navigation while doing a lesson/task.
22 May 2018
- ⚙️ Security updates.
14 March 2018
- ? School icons are now displayed on profiles.
- ? Already enrolled courses will now be shown as "Enrolled".
- Added a yellow overlay to courses.
22 February 2018
- ⚙️ Coursework Submission Checker v1.0.
02 February 2018
- ? Bug fixed: Private Messaging system currently down.
27 January 2018
- ⚙️ Navigating to courses is now limited to via the sidebar accordion menu only to simplify the layout. Further layout modernisation and simplification to come.
- ? Multiple bugs exterminated (login issues, automated triggers, etc).
9 January 2018
- ? Added preloader screen.
13 December 2017
- ? Santa Claus is coming to town!
- ? Bug fixed: "Previewing notes through sidebar's Your Notes come up with permission error." (Still having issues with this)
5 December 2017
- ⚙️ Examiner dashboard enabled.
- ? More GUI housekeeping.
30 November 2017
- ❄️ It's snowing! It's snowing! ❄️
- ⚠️ Website Weather Warning issued. ⚠️
26 November 2017
- ? Clicking on notes in Your Notes now opens in a new tab/window.
- ? As per popular demand, Your Notes is now draggable!
- ⚙️ Enrolled Courses navigation in sidebar made into accordion form for easier viewing.
- ? Minor reticulating splines on the GUI.
21 November 2017
- ⚙️ Added logged in user details to the top bar both on mobile and desktop.
- ? Various GUI cosmetic enhancements.
- ? Bug fixed: "404 error with Your Notes feature."
- ? Bug fixed: "Users were temporarily unable to log in."
20 November 2017
- ? Improved the Email Interface
- ⚙️ Added Save Button to Main Menu
- ⚙️ Added Change Password Option to Profile Menu
- ⚙️ Added Change Privacy Option to Profile Menu
- ? Upgraded mobile version of the website
18 November 2017
- ⚙️ Added Enrolled Courses Side Bar
- ⚙️ Change Lessons to Courses
- ? Improved shop message
25th October 2017
- ⚙️ Added Language Translator to Chat System
- ? New Unit ready to test
- ⚙️ Improved Teacher Marking System
4th October 2017
- ? Added new course
- ⚙️ Updated Email System
12 September 2017
- ? Whole site migration to HTTPS now completed.
- ⚙️ Added icons to the menu for easier visual navigation.
19 June 2017
- ⚙️ Minor visual changes (flat buttons, etc)
- ? Bug fixed: "Floating Console and Calculator window gets hidden behind the top menu."
- ? Bug fixed: "Coding consoles are currently not working."
6 June 2017
- ⚙️ Tidied up website URLs
- ⚙️ Added "Study Buddy request notifications" on the profile page
- ?Bug fixed: "When a user clicks on a field in their profile to edit and switches tab without clicking update or cancel, the editing box persists."
17 May 2017
- Updated Home Page
- Improved Library
12 May 2017
- Added new course
- Updated user software
2 May 2017
- Updated System Software
4 April 2017
- Updated Profile Pages
- Added Notification Feature
- Added New Wall Feature for each user
- Updated files storage area feature
- Added Level 1 Security for File Storage, you can now decide which users can see your file storage area.
- Added Level 2 Security, you can decide which files in your storage area can be viewed and downloaded and which cannot.
(Note:- to download or view a file, the user must have both Level 1 and Level 2 permissions, for example, you must let
the user see your file storage area, then you must let them view and download certain files. This way you can let them
into your storage area but still prevent them from seeing some of your files. You can sign it per person or per group, for
example, all your study buddies.)
29 March 2017
- Added Profile Security and Privacy options for all users.
- Updated Testing and Learning System
22 March 2017
- Various Bug Fixes
16 March 2017
- Updated Chat System to show logged in users as always online, even if they have been quiet for a while
- Updated Chat System to allow full-screen chat
- Updated Chat System to enable Colour Changed to Green
15 March 2017
- Cosmetic changes (icons, font, colours, etc)
- Terms and Policies displayed ready for commercial release
12 March 2017
- Lesson homepage link is now accessible through the top navbar within lesson pages.
- You can access your other lessons and view the latest announcements on the Lesson homepage.
5 March 2017
- File upload fixed
- Python and Greenfoot file upload now supported
- Fixed questions in HTML lesson
- Dictionary now in alphabetical order
26 February 2017
- Added HTML course
25 February 2017
- Re-worded essay question in Binary
24 February 2017
- Performance enhancement made
- Minor bug fixes
10 February 2017
- Beta 2 Testing Begins
9 February 2017
- Set up accessibility options
- Improve new template with new icons
- Fixed Boolean logic video
- Changed Classes and Courses to Lessons, to make it much easier to understand
- Beta 1 Testing is now Complete. Thank you for all your support in finding bugs and offering suggestions for updates.
8 February 2017
- Layout fixed with scrollbar
- Further wording for files and uploads to make it clear
- Removed email message box from the bottom of the profile
- Video in Boolean Logic now showing.
- Font Awesome icons now showing in courses.
7 February 2017
- Sidebar in courses now closed by default
- Certificates enabled
- Changed information labels in Files to make it clear
- Added additional information to make actions clear in Folders
- Changed Enrol to Courses to make it clear
- Fixed bad word issue in chat
- Testing new layout for the course area
- Time out fixed
- Login Issues fixed
6 February 2017
- Added certificates to some courses
- Added badges but not activated them yet
- Improved marking system for teachers
5 February 2017
- Changed more descriptions in Files to make them clearer
- Made the note pad bigger in the margin
- Made the notepad easier to use, reduced text.
4 February 2017
- Reorganised top menu and top bar
- Added loading icon which appears prior to loading classes
- Files uploaded to profile now have coloured icons depending on the file type
- Videos can now be uploaded and thumbnails are used as the icon so you can see what the movie is about
- Video player is used to play the video online without downloading providing the video play is enabled on your device
- New Web Buster Education logo
3 February 2017
- PDF's can now be viewed on-screen with no need to download providing a PDF reader is installed on the computer.
- You can now protect your files so that others cannot see them or download them but you can see them and download them.
- Notepad Image button removed.
- Spellchecker added to Notepad edit page.
- New Office style toolbar added to Notepad edit page.
- Accessibility options are added to courses to make it easier for students to read the text.
2 February 2017
- Hex Question in Binary Lesson Fixed
- Error in the wording of the question in worksheet checker for binary fixed
- Added 'Your Notes' system for testing (Alpha Only, notes may be deleted only use for testing.)
- Fresh notepad for each page to stop the pad from getting too full. Save Notes enabled. (Alpha Testing only)
- Changed Gallery to Files in Profile
- Changed Album to Folders in Profile
1 February 2017
- Added "Nickname" field to Profile
- Added "About Me" field to Profile
- Removed ability to change the username
- Added ability to search by "Nickname" in study buddy search
- Users can now edit their profile directly on viewing their own profile
- Changed profile tab labels, removing the word 'My' so the list fits on smaller screens
- Console icons shrunk to ensure they fit
- Further instances of the word connection(s) changed to study buddy
- Proceed to the Checkout button modified
- Added category title to shopping cart
- Improve usability on Mobile Phones and Tablets
- Placed an Add Study Buddy button to the Study Buddy Search List
31 January 2017
- Fixed Binary Lesson and Video
- Increased Individual file upload size from 4MB to 35MB
- Added Social Media Tab to Profile
29th January 2017
- Added a new shopping cart system
- Updated profile system
28 January 2017
- Added First Name Search to Buddy Search
- Added School Code Search to Buddy Search
- Fixed Searching by Strength in Buddy Search
- Fixed Colour overlap on Study Mail Notification
- Added PINK indicator to Study Mail Notification (black when no new emails)
- Fixed link in the registration email, it is now a hyperlink
- Moved My Grades and My Courses on the main menu to under My Profile
- Added Change Log
- Fixed Study Buddy request information.
- Updated Storage to accept, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, PDF, Flowol, Python, Serif Draw Plus, Serif Page Plus, HTML and Notepad Files
- Increased Individual file upload size from 1MB to 4MB
- Updated the Binary unit
27 January 2017
- Alpha Testing 1 and 2 Completed, Day 1 of Beta 1
- The calculator can now be dragged around the page
- The console menu can now be dragged around the page
- Some Connection words now changed to buddy
- Chat changed so you can only chat with your study buddies