This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Web Buster UK Ltd is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
Web Buster UK Ltd uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and email you the marketing information that Web Buster UK Ltd believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Web Buster UK Ltd maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt-out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Web Buster UK Ltd also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of the data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Web Buster UK Ltd will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Web Buster UK Ltd may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. Web Buster UK Ltd may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information Web Buster UK Ltd holds on the Web Buster Education Website about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit reference agencies.
Web Buster UK Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with educational services, this agency does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Web Buster UK Ltd has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Beta Testing Schools Data Risk
Beta Testing Schools will authorise their own students and Web Buster UK Ltd will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with educational services on the site. As the site grows more features will be added for them to test. Web Buster UK Ltd will not be held responsible for a data breach during school testing. In extreme cases, for example, it may be possible for one school to see the class data from another school. This example data issue needs to be acknowledged before a school becomes a testing school. If they are not happy, they should wait until testing is completed. Web Buster UK Ltd will make every effort to ensure data is as secure as possible but is not held responsible. Web Buster UK Ltd only stores basic information about learners to minimise any data issues.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Web Buster UK Ltd’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Web Buster UK Ltd and/or its clients
To promote the marketing and consulting services offered by Web Buster UK Ltd and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Web Buster UK Ltd’s existing clients.
Web Buster UK Ltd may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Web Buster UK Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Web Buster UK Ltd does not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your consent. However, Web Buster UK Ltd may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Web Buster UK Ltd, its clients and/or the wider community.
Web Buster UK Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Web Buster UK Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Web Buster UK Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Web Buster UK Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why which you have the right to legally challenge.
Web Buster UK Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Web Buster UK Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Web Buster UK Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Web Buster UK Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Web Buster UK Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Web Buster UK Ltd or its partners, you have the right to complain to Web Buster UK Ltd’s CEO. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Web Buster UK Ltd, attention of the CEO
Kiln Hill, Market Place,
Hawes DL8 3RA
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF